Crudites with Cashew Nut and Tahini Cream
It’s always nice to offer something fresh and light among the sometimes rich cocktail foods that get served. Use your favourite combination of vegetables – having a mix of raw and lightly cooked seems to work best.
- assorted vegetables for serving, allow 8–10 pieces per glass: I used blanched asparagus, green beans and baby carrots along with spears of fresh cucumber
- Cashew nut cream:
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked in cold water for at least 8 hours
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup water
- sea salt and ground pepper
Cashew nut cream: Drain cashews. Place everything in a blender or food processor, season well and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides occasionally. Chill until ready to serve.
To assemble: Place a good spoonful of the cream in the base of each glass then add the crudité.