Frozen Banana, Date and Cinnamon Coconut Ice Cream
- 4 large ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coconut cream, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted if solid)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 6 fresh dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- coconut chips, toasted, to serve
Lay the sliced bananas in a single layer on lined baking trays and freeze until frozen.
Place the frozen bananas, coconut cream and oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and blend until it starts to break down and become a creamy smooth texture, scrapping down the sides of the processor several times.
Add the dates and process again to combine. You can either eat straight away or transfer it to a sealed container and freeze.
To serve immediately, scoop into bowls and top with toasted coconut chips and a drizzle of extra coconut cream. If freezing the ice cream, take out about 30 minutes before serving for it soften a little.