Steak with Burrata Tomatoes and Mustard Dressing
The juices from the steak mingle with the tomatoes and the thick, zesty dressing. Pile on to slices of warm crusty bread for a super quick and tasty dinner.
- 4 rib-eye or sirloin steaks
- olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 4 large or 8 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 balls fresh burrata or mozzarella in whey, drained
- fresh basil, to serve
- loaf warm crusty bread, to serve
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
Brush the steaks with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Heat a sauté pan or barbecue until hot then cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side or until done to your liking. Transfer to a plate and rest for 5 minutes.
Dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and season.
To assemble: Arrange the tomatoes on a serving platter and top with the sliced steaks.
Rip each burrata into pieces and place over the top. Spoon over the dressing and garnish with basil. Serve piled onto slices of the crusty bread.