Tandoori Paneer with Roti
Paneer holds its shape beautifully when grilled but make sure it has formed a crust on each side before turning. Having a mild flavour, paneer loves spicy additions.
- 400 grams paneer (2 blocks)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground garam masala and paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground chilli
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- To serve
- warm roti or naan breads, mango chutney, sauerkraut, yoghurt,
- salad leaves
- bamboo or metal skewers
Cut the paneer into 16 pieces.
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the paneer, turning until it’s well coated with the marinade. It can be covered and stored in the fridge for 24 hours.
Thread on to skewers and cook on a really well-greased, flat barbecue plate until golden on all sides. Only turn when a crust has formed.
To serve: Place a warm roti on each plate and serve with the paneer, chutney, sauerkraut, yoghurt and salad leaves.