Egg and spinach pies
If you're lucky enough to have chickens and they give you eggs then this is great lunchbox addition for you to use up those eggs!
- Lunch box
- 4 slices of fresh bread
- Sprinkle of grated cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- Handful of peas
- 1 tomato
- 4 eggs
- Herbs, such as parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Oil 4 slices of fresh bread. With oil side facing outward press each slice into a muffin tin, (or cup or ramekin) to create a ' case'.
3. Add a small sprinkling of grated cheese to the bottom of each case.
4. Divide 1 cup of chopped spinach evenly between the cases and a few peas if you wish.
5. Break an egg into each case.
6. Season well with salt and pepper.
7. Cover with grated cheese.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until egg looks set.
9. Garnish with chopped tomato and herbs.