Zoo Cheese Shortbread
Here’s a yummy and healthy lunchbox idea.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 25g grated parmesan cheese
- 150g cold butter
- 125g grated tasty cheese
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2-3 tbs very cold water
- Animal-shaped cutters
1. Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees.
2. Combine the flour and parmesan.
3. Grate the butter into the flour mix, and rub it in with your fingertips until it looks kind of like breadcrumbs.
4. Add the tasty cheese, lemon juice and cold water, and mix it all together until it forms a firm dough.
5. Refrigerate the mixture to firm it even more. Here's some that I've had in the fridge.
6. Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper and then use animal cutters to cut your favourite creatures.
7. Bake at 150 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden.
And you're done!