Fish in a Paper Parcel
You can't go wrong with a great recipe containing fish - a good source of Omega 3 and proteins. Match your perfect meal with a great Riesling wine. Recipe supplied by The Gates Country Lodge.
View the method
- (per parcel)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 piece sliced fennel bulb
- 1 fillet firm white fish such as monkfish or snapper
- 2 slices tomato
- Fresh ginger, grated
- Lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Riesling
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to a 180°C.
- Line a dessert bowl with baking paper, leaving some overhanging on each side.
- Put olive oil in the bottom of the paper; add fennel bulb and fillet of fish.
- On top of the fish place the tomato, a grating of ginger and lemon zest, lemon juice, Riesling, salt and pepper.
- Twist the paper together at the top and tie tightly.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and crusty bread.