Roti fish tacos
Roti is a flatbread originating from South Asia with variations such as roti canai used widely in Malaysian cuisine. Using roti for these tacos brings an additional layer of texture and flavour - a great taco shell alternative.
- 500g frozen fish fillets
- ½ packet mesclun salad*
- 1 carrot*, grated
- ½ cucumber*, sliced thinly
- Juice of ½ lemon*
- 200g of your favourite sauce, spread, or dip
- 8-10 pack roti or roti canai
- Cook fish fillets according to packet instructions, once cooked cut into nugget sized chunks.
- Prepare salad ingredients while the fish cooks by combining the mesclun salad, grated carrot, and sliced cucumber in a large bowl. Squeeze the lemon over the salad, mix to coat and set aside.
- Heat roti according to packet instructions.
- Place roti on a plate and in any order add salad, fish, and sauce. Or place all the elements in the middle of the table and everyone can make their own taco.