- 1 bag Pams Fresh Express Spinach, washed
- 70g Tasti Pinenuts, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 courgettes, (optional)
- 400g beef rump steak
- 680g Delmaine Chargrilled Capsicum, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g Watties Tomatoes (Basil or Pesto)
- 2 cups King’s Choice Rice
- Also Need: salt, pepper, oil, bamboo skewers
- Blanch the spinach for a few minutes in boiling water. Drain, and squeeze out any excess water.
- Combine the spinach, chopped pinenuts and ¾ of the parsley. Season.
- Slice thin strips from the courgette lengthways. A potato peeler makes this easier. Set aside.
- Lay the beef rump flat on the work surface between two pieces of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser until it is thin enough to be able to roll up. You may have more than one piece of rump, that’s fine. Do the same with each piece.
- Lay all the meat out flat.
- Cut the capsicum in half so you have two flat pieces. Lay over the meat to cover.
- Then add the courgette strips and the spinach.
- Starting at one end, roll the rump up to enclose the filling completely and secure with a bamboo skewer.
- In a large casserole pot or fry pan, heat oil.
- Add the onion and rump, turning until all sides are browned.
- Add the tomatoes and season.
- Cover the pot and simmer on low for 1 -1½ hours or until cooked.
- Cook the rice as per instructions on the packet.
- Serve the sliced Braciole with the sauce and rice.
- Sliced or grated cheese is a great addition to the filling.
- You could also include a layer of prosciutto or hard boiled eggs