Beef, eggplant and pasta salad
This is a blend of fresh ingredients to create the perfect meal.
View the method
- 400 g Beef Sirloin Steak
- 250 g Pasta Reggia Penne
- 1- 2 eggplants, diced (approx. 2 cm)
- ½ pkt Bouton d’or Feta, diced
- 100-150 g Puhoi Greek Style Yoghurt (unsweetened)
- 1-2 tbs Masterfoods Hot English Mustard
- 1 lemon juice and rind
- 175 g Fragata Stuffed Olives, drained (optional)
- Fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- 2-3 tomato diced
- ALSO NEED: oil, salt, pepper
Back to ingredients
- You can either just season the steak or rub with any spices you have e.g. garlic salt, cumin, steak seasoning, and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Bring 2 large pots of water with 2 tbs olive oil and 1 tsp. salt to the boil.
- Cook pasta until cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
- Cook the eggplant in boiling water till soft. (5 – 10 minutes).
- Drain the eggplant and set aside to cool.
- Grill the sirloin to your desired doneness and leave to cool.
- Make dressing by blending feta, 100g yoghurt, mustard, lemon juice and rind.
- Season the dressing and taste. Add more feta, yoghurt or mustard to get the right taste and consistency for you.
- In a bowl mix the pasta, olives, basil and dressing. Fold through the eggplant and tomato.
- Slice the sirloin thinly and gently fold into the salad.
- You can cube any leftover feta and add to the salad.
- Serve in individual bowls.
- Pine nuts, courgettes or spinach are a great addition to this salad.
- Cook some minced garlic and/or fennel seeds and add to the dressing.
- Blend fresh fruit to a puree and mix with the leftover yoghurt and whipped cream for a tasty dessert.