Chicken drumsticks with tangy rice salad
This rice salad is easy to make and packed full of taste. It’s perfect with the chicken or any other meat.
- 2 cups Sunrice Medium White Rice
- 4-8 Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 tbs Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbs Chelsea Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Gregg’s Ground Ginger
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 apples, grated
- 1 cup parsley, washed and chopped
- 70 g Pams Pumpkin Seeds
- 4-6 celery sticks, washed and sliced
- 1 raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- ALSO NEED: olive oil, salt, pepper
- Preheat oven or BBQ
- Cook the rice and when cooked drain and rinse quickly in cold water then leave to drain.
- Season the drumsticks and cook in the oven or BBQ (35-45 minutes), until done.
- Make the dressing by mixing the cider vinegar, sugar, 4 tbs oil and ginger.
- Taste and season. The dressing should be sweet and tart with a strong ginger taste.
- Mix carrot, apple, parsley, pumpkin seeds and celery with the cooled rice.
- Add dressing (as much as you need).
- Lastly fold in the grated beetroot.
- Serve salad with the drumsticks.
- You can use brown rice for a nutty flavour.
- Swap the cider vinegar for 3 lemons and zest.
- Any dried fruit could be added to this recipe.