Crisp and cheesy drumsticks
The name says it all - crisp and cheesy. These moreish drumsticks, teamed with roasted kumara are bound to be a firm family favourite. Serve with some freshly cooked green beans for a healthy meal.
View the method
- 3 Clarks Celery Sticks
- 1 Ornelle Camembert or Brie, diced finely
- 3/4 cup Obento Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 oranges
- Superb Herbs Fresh Cut Rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8-12 chicken drumsticks
- 4 Easi-Peels Red Kumara
- 2 Greater Good Red Onions, peeled and quartered
- ALSO NEED: olive oil, salt and pepper
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oven to 180◦ C
- Finely dice one celery stick.
- Mix the camembert with the breadcrumbs, ½ the celery and the juice and zest of one orange. Add finely diced leaves of 1 sprig of rosemary and ½ the garlic. Season well.
- Loosen the skin of each chicken drumstick and push the stuffing underneath.
- Keep pulling the skin up over the meat and stuffing. They will look a little strange don’t worry they will taste great. Save some of the stuffing.
- Place the drumsticks in a row together in a large baking tray and sprinkle the left over stuffing on top.
- Peel the kumara and cut into 8-12 pieces, depending on the size.
- Slice 2 oranges.
- Place the kumara, remaining celery (cut in ½) and red onion pieces into the oven tray with the chicken.
- Add the orange slices, 2-3 rosemary sprigs, remaining garlic and a good glug of olive oil. Mix it all together, squashing some juice out of the orange slices. Season well.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve the drumsticks with the kumara and onion.
- Green beans go well with this meal.
- If you have any rosemary leftover, mince the leaves with some garlic and a little olive oil to make a paste. Freeze ready to spread on roast before cooking.
- Stuff the celery sticks with cheese for a healthy snack.
- Walnuts can be added to the stuffing.