Meatballs and vegetable fritters
The cabbage and apple add a sweetness to these fritters that is balanced by the salty blue cheese. You’ll find 4 or 5 meatballs each is enough as there will be plenty of fritters. The caesar dressing soaks into the meatballs giving them a creamy garlicky taste.
- ¼ large cabbage, washed and diced finely
- 2 apples
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 packets Hellers Meatballs
- 2 potatoes, washed
- 50g creamy blue cheese
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 100ml Newman’s Own Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 2 tbs Fragata Capers (optional)
- Also need: salt, pepper, olive oil, flour, baking powder
- To make the fritter mix put the diced cabbage into a bowl.
- Grate 2 apples and add to the cabbage.
- Add the eggs, 1 heaped tbs of flour and ½ tsp baking powder and mix together.
- Next grate the potato and add to the fritter mixture. Season.
- Put 2 fry pans onto medium heat with just a little oil.
- Into one pan cook the meatballs. Halfway through the cooking time add the capsicum.
- Into the other pan add spoonfuls of the fritter mix.
- Cook one side till browned then flip over. You may need to cook a couple of batches.
- As each batch cooks remove from the pan and keep warm.
- When the meatballs are cooked remove any excess oil/fat from the pan with a paper towel and mix through 50-100ml of the caesar dressing(and the capers if using).
- Divide the fritters onto each plate, crumble with blue cheese and then add the meatballs.