- 600g Beef Mince
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls
- 2-4 tbs Masterfoods Wholegrain Mustard
- 4 tbs Heinz Seriously Good Mayonnaise
- 410g Edgell Sauerkraut, drained
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thickly
- 8 slices Emborg Emmental slices
- 1 butter crunch lettuce
- ALSO NEED: oil, salt, pepper
- Mix the beef mince with the garlic and basil.
- Mix well with damp hands and make 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the patties. Cook 5-8 minutes each side or until cooked through and brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile cut the buns in half. Toast lightly if desired. Spread mustard on one side of the bun and mayonnaise on the other.
- To build your Rueben Burger, start with the mustard side of the bun.
- Add a generous amount of sauerkraut.
- Then layer, beef pattie, tomato ,cheese, and lettuce.
- Sauerkraut is high in fibre and low in calories. It is fermented (like yoghurt) rather than pickled and has a distinctive sour taste. Try the German dish called Heaven and Earth (Sauerkraut, fried onions and mashed potato served with sausage or bacon and apple sauce)
- For a classical version swap the mince for hot corned beef
- Sour cream or grilled vegetables are a good addition