Planters pride pudding
"A perennial favourite! This is a game of two halves--the flourless cake mixture and the cardamom cream, with a sauce made with the best this country has to offer. The recipe uses ground macadamia nuts, instead of flour, achieving a clean, light and nutritious mix for all ages."
- Gluten free
- 5 eggs (free-range if poss)
- 125g honey
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp Grand Marnier/freshly squeezed orange juice
- 200g freshly ground macadamia nuts
- 500g yellow kiwifruit
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 300ml cream/yoghurt
- 25g chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- Peel kiwi fruit and puree in blender/food processor.
- Place in saucepan and stir in honey, squeezed orangejuice, orangerind, and lemon juice
- Slowly bring to boil, stirring well.
- Simmer, stirring 3-4 mins.
- Pour into clean jar and store in refridgerator until needed.
- Add cardamom to cream and whip into soft peaks.
- Store in covered bowl in refrigerator.
- Use same day to decorate pudding, together with chopped nuts.
- Lightly grease sponge moulds (using 2X6 muffin pans or 6-8 small souffle dishes).
- Place in refridgerator if poss.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C or 350c..
- Separate eggs.
- Mix yolks with honey in blender for 10 mins.
- Pour into large bowl and gently mix in nuts, lemonpeel and liqueur/orange juice.
- Keep in fridge while dealing with eggwhites.
- Beat eggwhites till peaks form.
- Fold carefully, spoon by spoon, into yolk mixture-avoid over-stirring.
- Spoon mixture into cooled, greased muffin pans or souffle dishes.
- Bake in centre of oven for 10-15 mins or till sponge springs back when lightly touched.
- If available insert cooking paper linings into greased moulds before spooning in mixture, rather than using flour.
- Turn out into individual plates while still warm and pour portion of sauce over each sponge.
- Serve immediately, decorated if desired with slices of the fruit.
- Allow guests to add their own cardamom cream and chopped nuts.
- To balance the citrus flavours of the sauce, and the texture of the nut sponge, choose a light late- harvest New Zealand wine to drink with Planters' Pride Pudding.