Chargrilled lamb cutlets and curried red lentil dip
These lamb cutlets are a tasty dinner option. The cranberry sprinkle adds sweetness, while the red lentil dip adds some spicy flavour.
- 24-30 lamb cutlets, trimmed of excess fat
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- ¾ cup Alison’s Pantry Cranberry Sprinkle
- Curried Red Lentil Dip:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Alison’s Pantry Split Red Lentils
- 1/3 cup Alison’s Pantry Natural Cashews
- Place lamb in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cover and leave at room temperature to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lentil dip. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and spices, cook for 1 minute more. Stir in lentils, cashews and 2 ½ cups water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until lentils are tender and almost no liquid remains.
- Remove to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to food processor; process, scraping down the bowl occasionally, until smooth. Cool completely.
- Heat a chargrill pan, barbecue or frying pan. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on your preference for pink meat.
- Arrange warm lamb cutlets on a platter. Scatter with Cranberry Sprinkle, lemon zest and mint leaves. Serve with lentil dip on the side, to spoon over or dip.
Note: The dip will last for up to 4 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.