Lamb steaks with fresh herb coating
Served on a chickpea ragout, this recipe is sure to fill and satisfy.
View the method
- 1 pack of Silver Fern Farms Māhaki Valley Lamb Steaks
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spinach leaves, blanched (optional as garnish)
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 Tbsp Pams honey
- 2 Tbsp Pams olive oil
Back to ingredients
- Preparing your lamb: in a food processor combine the mint, coriander, parsley, crushed garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and olive oil. Process until smooth and massage into the lamb steaks. Cover and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cooking your lamb: heat a frying pan or barbecue. Cook the lamb steaks for 4 minutes each side.
- Remove to a plate. Cover with tinfoil and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Set aside the remaining marinade.
- To serve*: spoon the chickpea mixture into serving bowls and top with the lamb steak. Drizzle pan juices over the lamb. Serve topped with blanched spinach leaves.
- *Refer to bestcutsbestrecipes.co.nz for the Chickpea Ragout recipe
Wine suggestion: Merlot