Warm lamb salad
"Full of flavour, this is our favourite spring lamb dish. It is a one-dish dinner fit for all sorts of gatherings and is always described as delicious. Asparagus makes this a spring dish or aubergine makes it suitable for other seasons."
- 500g lamb (fillets or steaks)
- 1 red onion
- 1 large kumara
- 1 red pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus (or 1 aubergine)
- 150g feta
- 150g sun-dried tomatoes
- 150g black olives
- 2tsp crushed garlic
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 lettuce or mixed lettuce leaves
- Cut lamb and kumara into bite-size cubes. Slice each asparagus spear into 3 pieces (or cut aubergine into cubes). Slice onion and pepper. Cut feta into cubes. Cut sun-dried tomatoes into thin slices.
- Heat 1 tsp garlic and oil in pan. Add onion to fry, then pepper and then asparagus (or aubergine). Remove from pan.
- Heat 1 tsp garlic and oil in pan. Fry kumara till browned. Remove from pan.
- Heat oil and balsamic vinegar and sear lamb. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce on large platter.
- Mix everything else gently together and place on top of lettuce.