Cockles and Spaghetti
If you love pasta and seafood then this is the perfect recipe for you! This recipe goes wonderfully well with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc wine. Recipe supplied by The Gates Country Lodge.
View the method
- Spaghetti pasta
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Fresh cockles
- 1 tomato, diced
- Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Back to ingredients
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, gently sauté the onion and garlic. Once soft add the cockles, tomato and a good glug of Sauvignon Blanc. Cover with a lid and simmer gently.
- When the cockles open add the chilli and parsley.
- Pour the cockle mixture over the drained al dente pasta, season with salt and pepper and serve.