Yummy, easy lasagne
"I found an easy recipe for lasagna and adapted to make it quick, tasty and filling. Especially for when you are in a hurry after work and don't want to spend time chopping and making a healthy meal. It also is great as the kids don't realise how many veges are in it because they are hidden."
- 500g mince
- 1 packet of tomato soup
- 1 200g can of tomato paste
- 1 can of chopped tomato with garlic
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 button mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- Packet of lasagna shells
- 500-700g mild cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Splash of milk
- Place peeled onion, garlic,courgette, peeled mushrooms and carrot in a food blender.
- Blend until fine then add 1 cup of boiled water and whizz again.
- In a seperate bowl place the mince, the tomato soup, the chopped tomatos and the tomato paste.
- Add oregano and basil and the chopped veges to the bowl.
- Mix together well -you should have a sloppy mince mixture. (add more boiled water if necessary).
- Layer 1/3 of mince mixture in a lasanga dish and place 1/2 packet of lasanga shells on top.
- Sprinkle and cover with light layer of cheese(depending on how cheesy you want it)
- Repeat step 6 and 7 leave the last third of the mixture on the top.
- Place in a preheated oven.
- When cooked place the remainder of cheese in a bowl with the egg and splash of milk to pour over the top.
- Bake for an additional 10minutes till top is golden.
- Serve with a garden salad.