- 700 g Turkey Mince
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries, craisins
- 1 cup cooked ciced potato
- 1 small leek, washed and sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Dried Herbs
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 100 g cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 pkg creamy chicken soup mix
- 400 g Puff Pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- can Cranberry Sauce, optional
- Coleslaw, optional
- Green Salad, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put turkey mince and dried cranberries into a large, strong plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients - except pastry and beaten egg - in a food processor. Process until evenly chopped and blended.
- Add processed pie ingredients to turkey mince and cranberries in a plastic bag. 'sassage' these ingredients together in the bag until well combined. 5. Roll out pastry, thinly, into a large circle.
- Heap the pie filling in the centre of the pastry and bring up the sides of the pastry to enclose the filling - leaving a small space on top of the pie for steam to escape.(It's best to do this step on baking paper so that you can easily transport the pie to the baking sheet.)
- Arrange the pie on baking paper - lined sheet and brush with beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes, or until pastry is crispy golden brown and filling is cooked. Depending on your oven's 'habits' you may need to cover the pie part way through cooking to prevent burning.
- Serve pie warm with salads and a splodge of cranberry sauce as a light lunch. Or eat cold at a picnic or a sports event. It also makes a nice contribution to a shared lunch or pot-luck supper.
10. New World Recommended Wine Pairing: Villa Maria Cellar Selection Dry Riesling