"Tasty little pizza bites with a variety of toppings. Great as party nibbles and after school snacks."
View the method
- 300g bread flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 heaped teaspoon sugar
- 180ml warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tin tomato paste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Mixed Italian herbs
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 pitted black olives
- Red and green capsicum
- Small pepperoni stick
- Red onion sliced thinly
- Sliced olives
- Lean, shaved ham
- Grated mozzarella cheese
Back to ingredients
- To make pizza dough put flour and salt in a warm bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar into warm water and stir to dissolve.
- Sprinkle yeast onto warm water, leave to activate for 5 mins.
- Pour yeast mix onto flour and mix well.
- Knead dough for 10 mins until soft and pliable
- Cover with a plastic bag and leave in a warm place for 2-3 hours until doubled in size.
- To prepare tomato sauce blend together tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, herbs, olives, garlic and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Simmer sauce gently in a pan for 15 mins, leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- When dough is ready punch down and pinch off small ball sized pieces.
- Flatten and place on a baking sheet.
- Top with tomato sauce and any other topping you like then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in hot oven until base is crisp and top is bubbling about 7-10 mins.