Spicy chorizo and peppers
This healthy chickpea and red pepper hot salad has an extra kick of spicy chorizo.
View the method
- 3 chorizo from the service deli
- 1 large red pepper from the produce department
- Fresh coriander from the produce department
- 410g can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
Back to ingredients
- Drain chickpeas and set aside.
- Slice chorizo diagonally into 1cm chunks.
- De-seed and roughly chop the pepper. Finely chop the coriander.
- Add a glug of extra virgin olive oil to a large non-stick frying pan, bring to high heat.
- Fry the chorizo for 2 minutes, then add the pepper.
- Continue the cook for a further 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the edges of the chorizo start to crisp.
- Tip the drained chickpeas into the pan and combine until the chickpeas are hot.
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in finely chopped fresh coriander and serve with a generous dollop of natural unsweetened yoghurt.