Orange and Hoisin Glazed Ham
If ham is the star of the show at your Christmas Day feast it needs to look and taste outstanding – this will fit the bill perfectly.
View the method
- 1 whole cooked ham, about 6kg, removed from the fridge 2 hours before cooking
- whole cloves for studding the ham
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Back to ingredients
- Place all the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and slowly bring just up to the boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a large baking tray with foil.
- Ham – using a sharp knife cut through the ham skin at the base of the hock. Remove the skin from the ham using your fingertips to gently prise it away, taking care not to damage the layer of fat underneath. Leave the skin on the hock. Cover the hock with foil to prevent burning.
- Lightly score the fat in a diamond pattern and stud all over with the cloves.
- Place the ham in the baking tray and spoon over the glaze.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours, basting from time to time. Turn the tray for even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and place on a large board. Wrap the hock with a linen napkin. Serve ham hot, warm or at room temperature.