- 200g leftover roast chicken, lamb, pork or beef, thinly sliced
- Handful of sesame seeds or finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, grated into thin strips
- 1 capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 tspn sweet chilli sauce
- Small handful of fresh basil, torn
- Small handful of fresh mint, torn
- Small handful of fresh coriander, torn
- Handful of fresh bean sprouts
- Lime juice to taste
- 2 tblspns sesame oil
- 2 tblspns fish sauce
- 1 tblspn soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tspn finely grated ginger
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl with leftover meat, cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for around 30 mins.
- In another large bowl, place remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine. Divide between plates if you wish to serve individually.
- Once meat has marinated, pan fry until piping hot, then lay over the top of the salad. Garnish with scattered sesame seeds or peanuts, then drizzle with lime juice.
Tip: For a heartier salad, toss in freshly cooked noodles.