- 8 slices soft toast-thickness white bread
- 2 cup watercress sprigs
- 250 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 cup oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cup watercress sprigs, chopped
- Spread some of the Watercress Mayonnaise between 4 slices of bread.
- Evenly divide the watercress and chicken on top.
- Spread the remaining 4 slices of bread with Watercress Mayonnaise and place on top.
- Cut in half and serve.
- Place the egg yolks and mustard in food processor. Process until combined, then very slowly drizzle in the oil. (Alternatively, make the mayonnaise by hand, using a bowl and whisk or wooden spoon).
- As the mixture thickens, add the lemon. Season with salt and pepper then add the chopped watercress.
- Keep in a covered bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.