Roasted orange and vanilla beetroot
Vanilla paste is a newer ingredient which adds a great flavour and smoothness to a dish.
- 4 beetroot, trimmed and quartered
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the beetroot in a baking dish.
- Mix the orange juice, ginger and vanilla paste together in a small bowl and pour over the beetroot.
- Place the dish in preheated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender, basting the beetroot occasionally.