- 2 cups Indian Basmati Rice
- 4 cups Thick plain yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander
- 4 tbsp Finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tbsp Dessicated coconut
- 10 green seedless grapes, chopped into half
- Water to cook rice
- For Seasoning:
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Black Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 twig curry leaves (you can find them at any Indian Stores)
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped cashew nuts
- Wash and cook rice with 4 cups water till tender and soft. This may take 12-15 minutes. Just fluff it up a bit. Let it cool.
- In a pan, heat oil, when its ready, splutter mustard and cumin seeds, curry leaves and cashew nuts and fry for 1 minute. Take off heat and keep aside.
- In a large bowl spread rice then add the yoghurt, grapes, salt, sugar, cucumber pieces and dessicated coconut. Mix well till all really blend with one another.
- Then add the seasoning to this yoghurt rice and give it a good mix. Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve this with any Indian pickle.
- You can substitute the grapes with pomegranate seeds for flavour and colour. Or you can just add both if you wish, this will only enhance the flavour!