Green Thai chicken noodle soup
"A Thai twist on a tried and true Kiwi favorite."
View the method
- 2 tsp Rice Bran Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, diced
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 Can of Coconut Cream
- 3 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup of Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Cup Green Beans, cut into 3rds
- 1/2 Cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 100g Vermicelli
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Coriander, to serve
- Roasted Cashew Nuts, to serve
Back to ingredients
- In a large pot saute onion and chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes, until chicken is brown and onion is translucent.
- Add curry paste and saute for a further minute.
- Add coconut cream (leave some in the can to drizzle over top at the end!), chicken stock and brocolli. Simmer until broccoli begins to soften. Add green beans and continue to simmer until cooked through.
- Add mung bean sprouts, vermicelli, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer a further 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with reserved coconut cream, cashew nuts and corriander.