Spanish potato soup
"I first tried this when we were in Barcelona & I have replicated it using products from my local New World Store. It is very tasty & quick & easy. My husband loves it & so do my friends."
- 4 - 6 chorizo sausages
- 4 medium potatoes peeled & diced small
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 fat garlic cloves crushed & diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 bunch spinach washed
- Ground black pepper
- Salt if necessary
- Slice chorizo & brown in a frypan in the oil.
- When brown add onion & garlic & stir until golden.
- Transfer to a large saucepan & add stock, potatoes & drained & rinsed chickpeas.
- Bring to the boil & simmer till potatoes are nearly cooked.
- Add spinach & cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Taste & add seasonings.
- Serve with crusty bread rolls.