Spicy african peanut soup
"This recipe came from a Canadian nursing colleague, and she got it from a friend in Tibet. She was eating it for lunch one day and it smelled delicious so she gave me the recipe. It is such an intriguing dish but friends and family can't help but love it. It's especially good with fresh bread."
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced chilli
- 3 kumara
- 2 carrots
- 1 red and 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 onion
- Chicken or vege stock
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Roughly chop the vegetables and put in a soup pot with the chilli.
- Cover the vegetables with the stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Roughly mash, leaving some good chunky bits.
- Stir through the tomato juice and peanut butter and simmer for 5 minutes.