Black and white brownies
A rich and tasty brownie recipe – with the added bonus of pecan nuts! These will be a smash hit for afternoon tea or dessert.
- 100 g Anchor Butter
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 ¼ cups caster sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa, sifted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecan nuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 250 g tub Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp caster sugar, extra
- 1 egg, extra, lightly beaten
- Melt butter and chocolate together, beat in eggs. Combine flour, sugar and cocoa and stir in chocolate mixture until combined. Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Pour mixture into a buttered and lined 18cm x 28cm cake tin.
- Combine ricotta, choc chips, extra sugar and egg. Dollop the ricotta mixture over the brownie surface.
- Swirl the ricotta mixture through the brownie using a butter knife.
- Bake at 160°C for 40-45 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.