Roast turkey with pecan and orange stuffing
This turkey recipe features a pecans and orange stuffing - what could be more delicious?
- 1 Tegel Turkey, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 x 70g packets pecans (stuffing)
- Rind of 1 orange and flesh, chopped (stuffing)
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped (stuffing)
- 1 egg (stuffing)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white rice (stuffing)
- Salt and pepper to season (stuffing)
- Pan juices (gravy)
- 4 tbsp flour (gravy)
- 1 tbsp wholeseed mustard (gravy)
- 2 tbsp orange juice (gravy)
- 1 cup chicken stock (gravy)
- Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey and use these for making stock with 2 cups of water and a stalk of celery and half an onion if you wish. Wash the turkey cavity out well and wipe well with a paper towel.
- Cook the pecans in a 180°C oven for 10 minutes. Cool. Chop very finely.
- In a bowl mix together the pecans, orange rind and orange flesh, chives, egg and rice. Season well with salt & pepper.
- Spoon the stuffing into the turkey cavity. Tie the turkey legs together with string or cotton. Tuck the wings underneath.
- Place the turkey in a roasting/oven bag and place into a baking dish. Roast the turkey following the instruction on the back of the Tegel Turkey packet.
- When cooked remove the turkey from the oven and allow to rest before 5 minutes before carving.