Beetroot with horseradish cream
Sweet and tasty with a dramatic appearance. Roasted beetroot can also be used.
- 4 medium beetroot
- ½ cup lite sour cream
- 1-2 Tbsp prepared horseradish cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- Scrub beetroot; peel only if the skin is very tough. Trim the stalk and root.
- Arrange beetroot in a microwave proof dish.
- Add 2-3 cm water, cover and microwave on high power for 10-12 minutes or until beetroot is tender. Stand for 4 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and horseradish cream together.
- Place beetroot in a serving plate.
- Make a deep cross-shaped cut into each beetroot and pour the horseradish mixture over.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.