Kalamata and cauli combo
This dish is quick, wholesome, tasty and colourful – what more could you ask?
- 200g Kalamata olives
- 100g sundried tomatoes from the service deli
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 large onion from the produce department
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pack of Pams Pita pockets
- Remove outer leaves, core from the cauliflower and divide into florets these should be all the same size for even cooking.
- Thinly slice the onions and separate into rings, set aside. Slice the sundried tomatoes into strips.
- Drain the olives, spoon into a small mixing bowl, add the sliced sundried tomatoes and mix.
- Lightly steam the cauliflower.
- Heat the olive oil in large fry pan (large enough to hold the cauliflower) sauté the onions until they are soft and start to brown, add the olives and the sundried tomatoes. Once they are coated in oil add the cooked cauliflower. Stir over a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes - just enough to coat the cauliflower, olives, sundried tomatoes and onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with pita pockets.