- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup (200g) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch kale, stems trimmed, coarsely torn
- 1/2 cup (80g) toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cumin, coriander, cinnamon and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the sweet potato and stir to combine.
- Add the quinoa and vegetable stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add the kale and toss to combine. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes to stand.
- Divide the pilaf among serving bowls. Sprinkle with the almonds and coriander. Serve with a drizzle of yoghurt and lemon wedges.