Mushroom & vegetable curry with almonds
"A wonderfully healthy recipe full of in B vitamins and selenium."
View the method
- 250g White Button Meadow Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tsp or 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped,
- or 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tsp ground turmeric
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 100g red lentils
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 500g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
Back to ingredients
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion, garlic, chillies, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Sauté for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add mushrooms, carrots and almonds. Sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in lentils, tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and cauliflower and cook for 15-20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir cornflour into yoghurt and stir through mushroom mixture.
- Spoon into bowls, sprinkle fresh coriander on top and serve.