Pear and blue cheese wraps
Is it an appetiser? Is it a dessert? These remarkably simple and remarkably versatile little pastries are a great way to start or finish a meal - they work well with sparkling wine, or a fruity red wine. A perfect dish to bring out and wow guests with.
- Sandwiches and Wraps
- 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry (preferably made with butter)
- 2 ripe fragrant pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbs liquid honey
- 125g Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Toss pears in honey
- Roll pastry on a floured surface until 1/3 bigger (and thinner), and cut each sheet into 9 equal squares.
- Place equal amounts of pear and blue cheese on each pastry square.
- Brush two edges with egg, and seal in a triangle.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden, and serve warm.