Yellow Split Pea and Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala spice
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1.5 litres reduced salt Pams vegetable stock
- 1 cup split yellow peas
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- Small bunch Coriander
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the curry powder and spices and cook for 1 minute then add the stock and spilt peas, simmer for 15 minutes then add the sweet potato and simmer a further 15-20 minutes until the peas and potato are tender. Stir through the coconut milk and season to taste.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and chilli flakes if desired.