What is Zoom Trolley?
Zoom Trolley is New World’s smart trolley technology solution where you can scan and check out grocery items using the Zoom Trolley app. We’ve developed this innovative shopping experience to help you shop more efficiently and manage your grocery budget with ease.
Look out for the special trolleys in store* with a built-in tablet. You’ll need to be a Clubcard member and have the New World app on your mobile phone.
*Zoom Trolley will be available to use during a trial period exclusively at New World Papakura, from Monday 19 October.
Download the New World app free at Apple or Google play store
How do I use Zoom Trolley?
Step 1: Register
1. You must be a New World Clubcard member to use Zoom Trolley. Not a member? Join here.
3. Set your store preference to "Papakura" under Account > Personal Details > Local New World.
(Optional) Create an I Shop account and shopping lists to use with Zoom Trolley.
Step 2: Collect
1. On arrival grab a Zoom Trolley which you’ll recognise by their red mount.
2. Head to customer service desk to collect the Zoom device or speak to our friendly concierge.
3. Pop your own bags into the trolley and read the "help" section before starting your shop.
Step 3: Connect
1. Connect to Zoom Trolley using your New World app by tapping on “Connect to Zoom Trolley”.
2. At the same time tap on “Start Shopping” on the Zoom device and scan the QR code.
3. You could put your phone away until you are ready to check out.
Step 4: Scan & shop
1. You'll see your own I Shop shopping list or the handy starter shopping list on the screen.
2. Start shopping by scanning or adding your first item and pop them into your bags.
3. For fruit and veg sold by weight, like loose apples, you need to weigh them at one of our conveniently located scales.
Step 5: Pay & exit
1. When you're ready to pay, head to a lane and get your smartphone ready.
2. On the Zoom screen device, tap on “Checkout” and follow the prompts to receive a barcode on your smartphone.
3. When prompted by the cashier, scan the barcode.
4. The checkout operator will help you process your shop in a jiffy.
Zoom Trolley FAQs
New World Papakura Zoom Trolley trial competition terms and conditionsGift Card giveaway Terms and conditions.
Acceptance of Conditions1. By using Zoom Trolley you are deemed to accept these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This promotion may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted here.
Promotional Period2. The promoter is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs).
3. The promotion commences at 7am on Monday 19 October 2020 and closes at 16.00pm on Friday 27 November 2020 or earlier at our discretion . (Promotion Period).
How to Participate4. Zoom Trolley has landed and we’re giving you the chance to be among the first in New Zealand to try this new way to shop! From Monday 19 October, exclusively at New World Papakura, we’re trialling Zoom Trolley in-store. As a valued Clubcard member, we’re giving you the opportunity to give it a go next time you shop.
Prizes5. There are 2 New World Gift Vouchers to be won valued at $100 each, the total prize pool is $200. The terms and conditions applicable to the New World Gift Card (as printed on the back of the gift cards) apply to the prizes.
Prize Draws6. The Prize Draw will take place after 27 November 2020 by random electronic selection from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. The first 2 eligible winners drawn will each win a New World Gift Voucher valued at $100.
8. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
9. Foodstuffs will make reasonable efforts to contact all winners but in the event that you cannot be contacted within 2 working days of the Prize Draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a Prize Draw, the prize will be forfeited and another winner drawn on the same terms and conditions as the original draw and subject to any changes Foodstuffs considers necessary in its discretion.
10. Prizes are not exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
11. The Promoter may amend, suspend or terminate the promotion and these terms and conditions at any time.
Promotion Eligibility12.To be eligible to participate in this promotion and to win any prize:
a) You must be a New Zealand resident, who is actually living in New Zealand.
b) You must be a New World Clubcard member, have downloaded the New World app on your smartphone and be signed in to the App before heading to New World Papakura where you can collect a Zoom device from the customer service desk and a trolley to shop.
c) Minimum eligible transaction spend applies of $80
d) You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions;
e) You must consent to Foodstuffs’ use of your name, address and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and make yourself available for publicity photographs if required.
13.Foodstuffs may, in its complete discretion, disqualify any person from participating in this promotion if it has any grounds to believe any fraudulent behaviour or cheating is occurring.
Liability14.Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, neither Foodstuffs nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for:
a) any loss or damage whatsoever incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss and including loss caused by negligence) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the use or acceptance of any prize offered except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
b) errors resulting from computer hardware, software or telecommunications errors or failure, or any entries not correctly submitted.
c) fraudulent entry into or participation in this promotion.
15.In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the promotion including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered into.
Privacy of Information16. Foodstuffs collects personal information for the purposes of conducting this promotion only. By participating in this promotion you consent to Foodstuffs using your personal information for the purposes of conducting the Prize Draw and (if you are a winner) to enable fulfilment of the prize.
17. All entries remain the property of Foodstuffs. All information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Foodstuffs will only use entrants’ personal information from entries to conduct this promotion.
18. Any questions relating to this promotion should be referred to the Foodstuffs Marketing and CX department.
Zoom trolley terms and conditions
Can anyone just walk in and use Zoom Trolley?As long as you are an existing Clubcard member, have the latest New World App downloaded, are logged in and have set your preferred store to a New World store that has the Zoom Trolley service you’re shopping at, you will be able to.
How do I set my store preference in the New World App?After opening the New World App, select “Account” on the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen and click on “Preferences” and change it to a store of your choice.
How do I register?
It’s easy - head to the following links to download the tools you'll need to use the Zoom Trolley. You’ll need an email address, smartphone, address, and telephone number plus it’s free to sign up.
What if I do not have a smartphone? Will the store have one I can use?The Store is not in a position to provide smartphones and a personal smartphone is required to use Zoom Trolley.
What if I do not have an email address?It is not possible to register for a Clubcard or login to the New World App, which are both required to use Zoom Trolley, without an email address.
Can I use my own shopping list?Yes, your shopping list(s) from I Shop will be shown on screen after connecting to Zoom Trolley. You then can choose which you wish to use. If you don't have a list on your I Shop account a default shopping list is provided, containing a list of common items, to get you started.
Can we pay at the self-checkout using the Zoom Trolley?We encourage you to use the designated exit lane(s) when paying with Mobile Pay or at a manned lane when paying with gift cards, vouchers or eftpos.
Who can I call for assistance if no one is available to help in-store?If no-one is available in store to assist you, please feel free to contact our friendly folks at the Customer Service Centre on 0800 463 996, for any New World related queries.
I like to bring my kids shopping, will there be trolley options with seating for the kids?Depending on the age of your children we encourage you to bring them along, however, the trolley seat will not be available for use with Zoom Trolley. This is for hygiene and safety reasons.