COVID-19 updates from New World
Update 12 August
Following the announcement by the Prime Minister this evening that there is a case of community transmission in South Auckland, and that the greater Auckland area will re-enter Alert Level 3 from midday today and the rest of the country into Level 2, New World will reinstate social distancing and health and safety protocols across our stores and supply chain.
Level 3 - Auckland
Customers visiting all 27 New World stores across the wider Auckland area can expect to see the following Customer and Team safety measures in place:
Restricted customer numbers in-store
2 metre social distancing
• Nominate one person to do the grocery shop - We're asking you to please shop alone and follow the rule of one trolley, one customer.
• Increased sanitisation, hygiene and cleaning protocols - throughout the supermarket including, on entry, at checkout and other high touch areas.
• Social distancing signage and posters - these will advise customers of all requirements
Level 2 - Outside of Auckland
In recognition of the fact that the rest of New Zealand is now in Alert Level 2, customers outside of Auckland can expect to also see increased sanitisation and safety measures when they visit their local New World.
Many stores will be implementing these measures from opening tomorrow, Wednesday 12 August, ahead of the 12pm guideline until midnight Friday 14 August - but this may be extended depending on the advice received from Government over the coming days.
We’d like to help you get through your shopping as safely and quickly as possible – to stay up to date with all COVID-19 store updates, check the New World Facebook page. [facebook.com]
• #shopnormal - Please shop like you normally would and remember there is no need to stockpile.
• Be kind - With all else happening in the world aside, let's continue to be kind and considerate towards other shoppers, staff and one another.
While we truly hoped it wouldn’t happen, our teams have been prepared for some time should we need to reinstate previous Alert Level protocols. We have good stocks of PPE and sanitiser, and our teams are familiar with what is required to keep both themselves and our customers safe from COVID-19.
We would like to reassure customers that, just like before, our supply chain is robust. We are working hard to make sure all the grocery items New Zealand households might need are on the shelf and readily available.