- Meal Type:
- Prep Time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 45 minutes
- 4 - 6
Jazz up chicken breasts with this wonderful spinach and cream cheese stuffing and liven up a midweek meal.
- 4 Chicken Breasts (skin off)
- 1 tub cream cheese (approx 125g)
- 8 leaves chopped spinach (approx)
- 8 strips streaky bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Beat together cream cheese and spinach - season with ground black pepper and rock salt.
- Make pockets in the chicken breasts (split along one side). Stuff the breast with the cream cheese and spinach mix.
- Roll each breast in 2 rashers of bacon.
- Cook at 180C for about 45 mins or until no pink juices run when speared.
Alternative: As a tasty alternative replace the spinach with chopped apricots and prunes:
- combine 125g cream cheese
- 9 - 12 dried apricots and 9 - 12 prunes.
- Stuff chicken breasts with this mix, roll in streaky bacon and cook as above.
- Gaithiry Rathnakumar
Chicken Karaage is a typical Japanese appetizer/street food. I couldn't wait to make this dish for my hubby as soon as I got back from my recent vacation to Tokyo. Well, now my hubby loves it so much that he makes it on his own every week!