Base (first set)
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted.
- ½ cup Alison’s Pantry shredded coconut.
- ½ cup brown sugar.
- 140 grams butter, melted.
Topping (second set)
- 1 cup Alison’s Pantry shredded coconut.
- 1 cup Alison’s Pantry wholegrain oats.
- 80 grams butter, melted.
- 1/3 cup golden syrup.
- ½ cup Alison’s Pantry Natural Almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 x 380 gram can Highlanders ‘Caramel’
- Preheat oven 180C, line a sponge roll tin (20cmx30cm) with baking paper
- Combine all the first set of ingredients, stir until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs
- Press mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Place all the second set of ingredients in a bowl, mix to combine
- Spread the caramel over the cooled base and then spoon over the oaty topping
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden, allow to cool completely before cutting into squares