- 175g Pams Butter, softened
- ½ cup Pams Icing Sugar
- 1½ cups Pams Plain Flour
- ½ cup Pams Cornflour
- Demerara sugar, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced). Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter and icing sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a beater attachment, beat until pale and creamy. Sift the flour and cornflour together, then stir into the creamed butter mixture.
- Turn out the dough onto a clean surface and knead to form a smooth ball. Roll out the dough between two pieces of baking paper to about 7-10mm thick. Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired shapes. Place the shortbread shapes onto the baking trays and sprinkle with the demerara sugar, if desired.
- Bake the shortbread for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to turn golden. Allow to cool on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For extra impressive-looking shortbread, use coloured icing to pipe patterns onto the cookies.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut 5mm slices from the log. Place the slices on baking trays and bake as directed.