Filled with carrots, raisins, almonds, and coconut, these muffins have everything you need to make it a blissful morning indeed.
Packed with natural wheat bran fibre, adding a little All-Bran® to your favourite recipes is an easy way to help get the fibre you need, deliciously. Just one tablespoon of All-Bran® Original provides 7% of your daily fibre needs. With these recipes you’ll see just how versatile this simple breakfast cereal can be.
*One 45g serve of All-Bran® Original provides 42% of your daily fibre needs.
© 2017 Kellogg Company. ® Registered trade marks Kellogg (Aust) Pty Ltd authorised user.
- 1 1/4 cups All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped, unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, divided
1. In medium bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand for about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. Add egg, oil and carrot to cereal mixture; beat well. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring only until just combined. Fold in mixture of raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds and ¼ cup (50 mL) coconut. Portion batter evenly into 12 (2½”/6.5 cm) non-stick muffin pan cups, lightly coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle each with portion of remaining coconut.
4. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Tip: You can substitute about 1 cup (250 mL) of your choice of chopped dried fruits and nuts if you don’t have raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut on hand. These ingredients - along with the bran contribute dietary fibre, which is part of a healthy diet.