Easter Chocolate Slice
These choc-coconut slices are smothered in rich ganache and topped with a white chocolate egg for an Easter twist.
View the method
- 150g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 130g packet white chocolate Easter eggs, foil removed
- Chocolate ganache:
- 200g block milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line with baking paper extending paper 2cm from edge of pan at long ends.
- Place butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Sift over flours and cocoa. Add coconut. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool completely in pan.
- Make chocolate ganache: Combine chocolate and cream in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth.
- Spread ganache evenly over cold base.
- Gently press Easter eggs into ganache.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Cut into squares. Serve.