Flourless orange cake
Our orange and almond cake is incredibly moreish and moist, perfect for dessert or with a mid-arvo cup of tea. It also uses whole oranges – resulting in a cake packed full of flavour and no food waste!
- Gluten free
- 2 Pams Oranges, washed
- 1 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 6 Pams Free Range Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Pams Baking Powder
- 210g Pams Ground Almonds
- Zest oranges, putting zest aside for later.
- Place whole oranges in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour. Drain and cool.
- Cut ends off oranges, then pulp in a blender.
- Whisk sugar and eggs until pale yellow. Gently fold in the orange pulp, zest, ground almonds and baking powder.
- Pour into a lined cake tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 50 minutes to 1 hour, when a skewer pulls out clean the cake is ready.
Tip: Don’t have ground almonds but have polenta or Pams Plain Flour? This recipe will work with all three.
Tip: Serve with a dusting of Pams Icing Sugar, some extra grated orange zest, or a sprinkle of Pams Sliced Almonds and a dollop of thick Greek yoghurt.
Tip: To take your cake to the next level, try making an orange syrup glaze. Bring the juice of an orange and ? cup Pams White Sugar to the boil, then simmer for a few minutes until you reach a syrup consistency. Drizzle the syrup over your cake while it’s still warm from the oven.