Jam & cinnamon doughnut muffins
Is it a doughnut or a muffin? We’ll let you decide but what we can tell you is that they taste amazing! With our interpretation you get the taste of a jam filled doughnut but without all the hassle. Best enjoyed warm but trust us they won’t last long!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp Craig’s Black Doris Plum Jam
- 30g butter, melted
- Cinnamon Sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan bake). Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flour and baking soda into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In a jug whisk together yoghurt, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Carefully fold into the dry ingredients with the melted butter until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture into each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre. Drop a teaspoon of Craig’s Black Doris Plum Jam on top. Cover the jam with the remaining mixture. Smooth the tops with the back of a teaspoon. Bake for approx 18-20 minutes until they are golden and spring back when pressed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Brush the doughnuts lightly with melted butter then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.
To make the Cinnamon Sugar:
- Mix the sugar and Gregg's Ground Cinnamon together.