BBQ steak and cheese sliders
These BBQ Steak & Cheese Sliders are the entertainer’s dream! Packed with flavour and easy to assemble for a crowd, these bite sized burgers are ready for your next game day. Serve alongside a glass of your favourite IPA, paired perfectly to these showstopping morsels.
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 scotch or sirloin steaks
- 12 toasted slider buns, sliced horizontally
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups fresh rocket
- ½ cup aioli
- Lakeman Hopadelic IPA
- McLeod's Great Migration IPA
- Panhead The Vandal NZIPA
- In a bowl, combine the onion, caster sugar, vinegar and ½ cup warm water. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius fan grill. Bring a frying pan to a high heat with a drizzle of oil or barbecue grill on high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, cook to your desired level. Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes, then thinly slice.
- To assemble the sliders, lay the slider bottoms on a baking tray. Spread the BBQ sauce on top. Scatter over the sliced steak, then top with the grated cheese and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with the rocket and pickled onion, then spread the underneath of the slider buns with aioli and set on top of the assembled sliders. Serve immediately alongside a glass of your favourite IPA / Indian Pale Ale.