If you’re looking for a new family favourite, look no further than these delicious Beef Burrito Bowls. Loaded with fresh salsa, smokey beef mince and crunchy tortilla chips, this is a quick meal the family will love tucking into!
View the method
- Olive oil
- 350g beef mince
- 200g black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
- ½ cup + ½ cup grated Edam or Colby cheese
- 2 truss tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup tinned or cooked corn kernels
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 large avocado
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice or quinoa, warm
- Tortilla chips
- Additional coriander, fresh lime wedges and sour cream, to serve
Back to ingredients
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat, and drizzle with olive oil. Add the beef mince, and cook while breaking up with a wooden spoon until golden brown and cooked through; around 4-5 minutes. Remove any excess fat or oil.
- To the mince, add the black beans and Mexican seasoning then stir well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then cook for 1-2 minutes. Scatter ½ cup of grated cheese over and stir through. Set aside.
- Make the salsa by mixing together the diced tomato, red onion, corn and juice of 1 lime. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, mash the avocado then stir through the juice of 1 lime, the coriander and seasoning to taste.
- To assemble the burrito bowls, divide the rice amongst 4 bowls. Spoon the mince to one side of the rice, then add the salsa and smashed avocado alongside. Garnish with lightly crushed tortillas, the remaining grated cheese and sour cream.
- Top with additional fresh coriander and lime wedges if desired. Enjoy immediately.